Saturday, February 20, 2010

I'm back! I'm back!

I was so lucky I recovered from the flu in time but had to take the lozenges every hour to stop the 'urge' to cough... ya, the itchy throat. And another lucky thing to happen was 'great aunt' came just 5 days earlier this month and I could enjoy the onsen spring bath for consecutively 3 nites... woohoo.. else it'll be such a wasteful trip. Just like one of the scene in Japan Hour, where I soaked myself naked in the outdoor huge hot spring tub while the snow flakes dropping on me.... oh it's heavens.... the most beautiful thing on my last nite in lovely Hokkaido!

Otaru has been the top place in my list of favourite destinations. Made a promise to re-visit this romantic place with my 'Mr Right'.... and tada... this happen after 8 years. And, it's with 'The Husband'. Ehmm, should I said he is the lucky one, or I'm blessed with a partner who is always glad to share my pace and interest? ok, we are blessed. It is truely a dream fulfilled. After this, wherever else I'm going are gonna be bonuses for me. I have no regrets anymore. The most most important thing is, I fulfilled my fairy-tale wedding dream in Otaru, Hokkaido. My photographer told me not even the local did it, not that he know of. He said we were crazy. But the whole episode was exciting and challenging yet interesting, even for him. It's a project he did for the first time, with us, in this weather, with this crazy idea! He was great, an editor for a local magazine, free-lancing taking pictures recommending Hokkaido. He took great care of us, seeing to our needs, driving us around. We had a great time, really. I will never forget how the passerby admired us, congrats us, asked to take picture with me. For a moment, I felt like a celebrity star. I will never forget how everyone applause when we remove our jackets for the photo-shoots under the harsh temperature at minus 10deg, snowing! Ya, we were crazy. But we did it!!! We made it!!! I fulfilled it!!! We were soooo super duper lucky it snow on that very day.

Glad everything went so well, so smooth, so enjoyable for us.
I've love Japan always. And Hokkaido is simply so romantic and beautiful. The food, the onsen, the snowy scenery, the cold cold weather, the people, the language, the ryokan.... love them all. Didn't expect The Husband to like it like I do, I'm certain I'll be back for the 3rd time.

No comments: