Monday, May 24, 2010

the half-past mummy

I've got a half-past mummy. Ya, that's right. She came to see me on the day I had the surgery. She bought drumstick and dunno wat kind of fish which I'm not able to take, yet. Then she came 4 days later, only to see me for about an hour, without much communication, then head to the casino. But well, she did gave me birdnest a week later. When I went back for lunch on the second week (ok, I thought she had missed me), she cooked asam and spicy dishes besides the steamed fish and fried veg. I had more disappointment than comfort.

Sad to say, the one who took care of my meals was the Empress. I asked myself many times why it had to be her.... why the one doing all this not my mum? Yes, the fact was that she was the one who cooked nutritious meal for me, for us. She even helped to magic-clean the house, washed up the dirty floor mat. She told me what not to eat for how long. She let me rest after eating, she done up all the dishes and cleaning with her sweaty shirt. Yes, I have to thank her. We gave her appreciation for marketing, spending and her effort. It is not about $, it is the thought that counts, and the effort.

And my half-past mummy, I now feel that she's more like a far-fetched neighbour. Since then, all the bad memories came back... She never took care of me since I was young. She was playing mahjong at home when I was frantically practicing and preparing for my piano concert performance at my neighbour's home the very day. I really dislike the environment she gave me. She made me feel that I'm never her focus, I'm never her everything and priority. Ya, between us is just responsibility. And, she is my half-past mummy ;p

No comments: