Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A kind soul... may not be....

Trying to be a kind soul to the ex-owner of my new house. While they were waiting for their unit to be ready, without thinking twice, I decided to rent out the place to them at an unbelieveable price. I just dun like to force people, leaving them with no choice. It would be a hassle and an unkind move to get them move out to rent another place then move again when their unit is ready. I understand the inconvenience and the costs and all.

And this kind thought of mine, is wrong wrong wrong from the beginning. The delay from last Nov supposed to end before CNY, was dragged until near Qingming in April. Ok, I couldn't do anything to the house during the period but leave it empty for almost a month. Then, I went for my surgery, rest and delay another 2 weeks before we confirm the contractor. By the time my contractor started work it was beginning of June, and now requires about 2 months for completion. To avoid the lunar seventh month, another month we have to stop everything and wait..... the estimate date for moving in is now end Sept.

The whole process takes about a year from negotiation on pricing, paper work procedure, HDB appointment, deciding on renovation works, purchasing, solving out problems (ceiling leakage) etc. I vow will never get another re-sale unit anymore... This shall be the first and last time. The encounter, the whole experience is not easy and a happy one. Becos... the problem didn't just stop here....

I am now being called dishonest and mean. Just becos of a few dollar items.... (the handle & accessories in the bathroom I forgot to give them to her but the contractor has removed and sell to karang kuni), she didn't think of how we have helped her earlier, saving her thousands of dollars and yet.... I'm sick of dealing with petty people.... Just to keep everybody happy since she is staying just next block, I bought a new set of accessories for her...... happy? I shall donate to you!

No comments: