I appreciate what they have done for us frankly. To manage a team of 5 is already a headache, not to mention 5 millions. Since young, people around me has only good words about my country. And when I've grown up, I'm proud to hold that red passport when I'm oversea. I'm always being envied when told where I came from. I felt safe when I'm back to the tiny island. It's a miracle how far and how much our country has achieved within a short span of 46 years.
Why there are people picking faults at what has been done? Why would jokers suggest they want a First World parliament, with co-leader from the other party? Greatest joke to me! The recent hoo-haa in US has shown us what is like with their so called First World parliament with 2-party system. In a way, unfortunately I'm glad it happened & showed us how it was like. Ya, at the eleventh hour of making important decision, when both party canot compromise, what happen? And when there is problem or mistake, they start to point-finger, blaming each other.... isn't that the greatest joke? Do we really want to be like them?
Though I have to admit the fact that time is different now, everyone is equal. Personally, I really prefer the old ways of doing. What is wrong with that? The one with capability, responsibility and right mind will lead. In my family, when that happen, how united it was then! My grandma had the say, she was the breadwinner, educated all the children and grandchildren to live with honesty, virtue, to be united as a family, be it weekend gathering, event gathering, always as a family. And now? Everyone wants to have their say, hence you go your way and I go mine when we dun see things eye to eye. As time goes by, we end up just hi-bye worse than our neighbour. As people getting more vocal and educated now, a lot of emotion are stir up because you are told to speak up your mind and chase after your wants.
We should stand on our feet, without expecting to rely on anyone. They have done so much for us, how much is enough? Sure, those people really need help do have a channel to go through to obtain help. I've seen that, & witness that. But those poor old folks with kids abandoned them just because they are sick or old, blame on their kids, not the govt. Many people compare to the Europe or US where they give 'hand-outs' to jobless and free health-care benefits. Oh yes, pls also compare to the taxes they paid, compare to the insurance they contributed, compare how much monies the govt given out to people who don't see the need to work since they can get money. Compare they have the EU to fall back on, compare they have resources, people, and the history of thousand years. What do we have?
I really hope I dun have to see that day, if it were to come..... No pls, not during my lifetime.... it's crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment