Had a challenging game of golfing today at Austin. Still doing double par, double par... sigh..... Went to my cousin, Gary's home in the afternoon, follow by Eric's new marital house. Very nicely done up. My aunty and uncle will be staying with them. Haiz... i've just been thru the 'mum-in-law crisis', now that everything is alright and our relationship better. I really wish my cousins and the folks are doing well, enjoying peaceful and harmony.
See, Gary is the eldest son. The parents chip in $ to buy a house plus reno, with the thoughts of getting the daughter-in-law away from her gambling kakis. That was a few years back. Back then, she would gamble the night away, brought the kids to the den. My cousin once caught her in the middle of the nite, witnessed his children sleeping on the floor. That enraged him. Argue, fights, the mention of divorce, the 'running back home with kids for weeks' things came and go very often. It became very common..... my aunty felt a wife should take good care of her husband, children and the home. But when a person changed, whatever good advice became curse, whatever scolding became poison. Slowly, the relationship turned sour. This woman, even talked back. scolded the folks.
I've been through this : how to live in happiness when each & everyone blackended the face? how to live in peace when there's talking back, quarrel and disagreement?
Luckily, the younger son got a girlfriend and less than 2 years he is getting married. They have a choice now.
I've always been very close to this uncle whom doted me a lot since young. I'm always closest to Gary as we lived together since we were born and both of us were brought up by grandma. We shared many things as we grew up together. I really felt like having a good talk with him after today. I dunno how he is feeling now. I wish i know. I wish i can give him some comfort. He worked very hard. He provided this home for his parents, his brother, his wife and 4 kids. He doesn't mind all his 3 elder kids sharing a room and everyone staying together. But now, they have left him. His parent and only brother are moving out. When the old folks and the wife always tell everyone about their unhappiness, their sorrow, their anger, has we neglect him? Has anyone ever thought about him? Dunno why but i suddenly felt a kind of pain. Is he hurt? Is he upset?
I have no right to say what not. I have no right to comment when myself aren't a good daughter-in-law. But we still have to try to understand them. No matter how much one love her husband, there is another woman who loves him more than you do. This is a fact. We may wanna deny it. We may wanna hear from our husband that we are their only one, we are their no. 1, we are the 1st one he'll rescue when both wife and mother fell into the sea etc etc... end of the day, this woman is the one who give birth to him and no one can replace her. I'm always trying to see from her point with watever she did. (though she is one who never thinks when she says and do and she is one who is a super duper volcano) We have to see that whatever they did are for the good of their son. We have taken away part of their son, hence it's only natural that they are a little 'threatened' and jealous. We are not gonna live long, neither them. Just let them be happy, let us be happy. So wat if need to be a little hypocrite? Happiness come first.....
No comments:
Post a Comment