Saturday, December 23, 2006

The unGentleman whom spoilt my evening

We were joking about no one is to spoil our shopping trip today. It was not my darling this time, but someone else did today!!! !@#%# We've enjoyed our X'mas shopping so much and this guy, can someone f*** him off? I was waiting for a (soon to finish) table for almost 6mins while BK went to get our dinner. The restaurant was damn crowded and it was so difficult to get seats. By the way, we were at the newly opened Ikea megastore. This idiot (honestly i seldom scold people or call people names. Pardon me!) stand next to me backfacing me and was standing closely to the seat. Hellooooo... am i transparent? I asked him: "Sorry, how many of you? I need 2 seats." He said without looking at me: "more than that". So, i ask again: "So how many? We can share the table?" Then this idiot said blankly: "9 of us". I ask again: "What does that mean? Are we sharing the table?" He just shrugged (still backfacing me):"Don't know". I was boiled. And both of us just waited. I didn't want to ask no more, I want to see what's next?

His daughter came over (i guess about 18 yrs old). The diners finally made their move. His daughter took a seat and i wanted to take mine. This idiot opened his mouth: "sorry, we have 9 persons." So i said: "So, i've been waiting for very long! and my food is coming." Guess What? He said: "me too" His daughter stared at me, didn't take her eyes off me for very long.... What a rude daughter? Like father like daughter i thought! Just then, his other relative asked me to go over to another table where there's 4 seats. You see, his relatives are like standing everywhere waiting for table and then suddenly everyone shove the same direction..... Oh my god! I regretted very much why i'm so useless? why i'm always so speechless when angry? It was after i've simmered down then i thought i should have thrown him some words before i leave his sight:"I'm actually fine to wait for seats elsewhere but you are so rude! And your daughter is starring at me as if i've snatched away her boyfriend, that's even more rude!"

You know, i thought he could have said something like:"I'm so sorry, if u dun mind can i have this table? Can u wait at another table?" He is just an example of some rude Singapore man, some bullies. It is just my luck to come across this jerk who spoilt my dining mood and shopping spirit. It really irks me!

And i applause the introduction of table waiting service at Ikea Alexandra outlet. All diners have to queue when restaurant is full. A staff will give you a table number when available. This way, you will not afraid of your table being taken, the whole family can choose and get your food together. while the diners do not have to feel obligated when someone standing next to you ogling at you.

Lastly, Sigh! Disappointed Disgraced Singapore Man!

No comments: