Wednesday, January 20, 2010

sensitive skin, nose and bronchi

I have very sensitive skin since young. This, like my mum. We can't wear any 'fake' earings or watches or accessories we call it. We can only wear gold and silver. Mum joke we canot be poor...haha. It's probably because of the nitrate contents. Clothings must be washed thoroughly else got rashes. No prawns of more than 5 pcs else my lips will swells. Luckily eating prawn is not a problem after my teenage years but I still can't wear 'anything' as i like. And, no heavy cosmetics, no lipstick.

And due to my sinusitis+mild asthma+mild bronchitis problem, dust and cold drinks and food with artificial colouring are the main cause for 'red-alert', these things will aggreviate the condition. Hence since young, I seldom drink cold drinks. I love those giam sng ti so much, especially the all kind of mangoes soak in vinegar. Well, the most I can take is 4~5pcs. More than that, I will start wheezing, follow by breathless.

Dusting the house is not my job. When young, I will wear a mask or cover my nose with hankerchief whenever I need to sweep the floor or do cleaning. Else, I'll start sneezing, getting swollen teary eyes then whole day I'll feel sickly. Well, an excuse for skipping the sweeping job. Even now, when The Husband dust the house, 'canned' the mattress, I'll hide myself far away.

Just last Sunday, we were doing spring-cleaning, I walked in to the room after The Husband 'canned' the quilt and mattress, I caught the dust and started sneezing and coughing. For the whole afternoon I felt sickly and end up lying on the sofa watching tv when The Husband took over the my share of chore.... ooops! not purposely de lor.

On Tue morning, when I tried cleaning a colleague's table in the office, I caught it again. The dust was really thick wor,,, felt itchy when I saw it so I didn't think much. This time, I had to use my ventolin. I seldom use it cos I didnt want to rely on it and I kept it with me just in case. This time was bad. My method whenever I encounter this was to drink lots of hot water, breathing the steam which helps to kind of 'loosen' the nasal and breathing passageway. Did that for a few hours and I'll be fine. Anyone encounter this may try this method. So far for many years, I've been doing it and has proved to be effective.

No comments: