Supposedly to attend the boy's concert on 9th Jan. Booked our SQ ticket to suit our required timing so that we can have enough time to reach Impact Arena early to meet up with other fans and get our merchandise, then head to the entrance for the most-lookforward concert of the year. We even started monitoring the airfare in early Nov almost everday. By end Nov, we are seeing airfare climbing up everyday and by the time I came back from Medan, I have to decide on the tickets. I was glad I've got the SQ promo for the flight on 9th Jan morning and thus plan for shopping trip as well. But in the end, things still went so wrong.
Who would have thought that they will announce postponement just 3 weeks before concert. I was sooooo terribly disappointed. The excitement dropped dead. Becos 2 colleagues will join me for the shopping trip, we will carry on. Their airtickets couldn't be changed. Furthermore, the concert postpone to 13th Feb which is eve of CNY. I wouldn't want to go during that time and I oredi have plan for somewer else. And, I really need to shop for the lingerie that so far I can only get it in Bangkok. The last time I bought a dozen lasted me 3 years. Times up. Need to replenish.
Anyway, it was a good trip. First of all, of cos my greatest travelling companion was always The Husband. It's a blessing I have someone dear who follow my footsteps, be it slow or fast. This time, we have 2 more companions. It was our first time abroad, together (besides our 2D1N Batam trip). Was great! I thank them for following my footsteps too. I'm thankful to people who appreciates what I did for them, who loves to explore things with me, who tolerate me for certain things. When there are 2 or more people travelling together, free and easy especially, you need a lot of gives and takes, patience and understanding. Even at times, me and The Husband has to give in when come to shopping, food, transport and watever issues we face.
I'm glad it was a good trip and we all have enjoyed very very much. Becos we arrived at noon time and there was some delay at the ladies' hotel due to over-booked problem, they took some time to transfer to another hotel. We waited an hour for them at the BTS station. By the time we reached Chatuchak market was oredi 4pm, left with 2 hours shopping. Our first meal at the THB199 shabu-shabu restaurant was great. Cheap & good! The ladies' exploration to our hotel was great. I must say they were bravo. The Chao Phraya River boat was nice, our victories at Chinatown wholesale market was a success. We tried the street stall. Of cos not to miss dinner of sharkfins soup (oops, pardon us) and bird nest dessert at 海外天! The night spent in our hotel room, the photo-taking and drinking session makes everyone high. We slept at 2am that morning.
We woke up at abt 9.30am, enjoyed the best breakfast and started off to Siam area at 1pm. Spent an hour at the jewellery shop, another one and half hour at Siam Discovery and Siam Center's Wacoal. Met our business partner for starbucks coffee for an hour. Spent the rest of the evening at MBK shopping. Dinner was simply make do at the foodcourt. The tze-char stall I've visited was not there anymore. sob sob... Only little time at Siam Square and Paragon for photo-taking. Oh this is it. We passed by a cd stall at the Siam Square, and saw the boy's poster on the concert. The Husband ask if they can give it to me but it comes with purchase of CD. So I excitedly decided to take a picture of it. One very nice guy said he'll check if he has extras. And tada.... he gave me 1, for free.... woo hooo.... It was an icing on the cake!
One thing I must mention about Chatrium Suites. The best hotel I've stayed so far. Service, ambience and room conditions. They are just barely a year old. They gave us free upgrade for our river-view room when there were 4 rooms cancelled that nite. It was a surprise when we found their letter at the doorstep when we returned from shopping trip on the first nite, asking if we wanna shift to the room with river view and balcony. (ours a city-view but opposite is an apartment) They didn't charge me for the stain on the mattress. They email us a thank-you note after we came back. (first time we received such) Great stay! I learn about this hotel from tripsadvisor. They were ranked number 1. The pricing is about $180 a nite, reasonable compare to other 5star which is much 'older' but ya of cos famous. Anytime, I'll come back to Chatrium again. And I promise them I'll put up my comment on tripsadvisor ;p
Time not enough! There were so much things to see, to buy, we wish we have 1 more day.... hahaha... Luckily the ladies have another half a day for foot massage and some last minute shopping. My little regret was not able to fulfill their stomach for the very typical local food they wanted. We shall keep that for next trip ya..... and more shopping....
No comments:
Post a Comment