Saturday, December 12, 2009

Every story has 2 sides

Every story has 2 sides. It depends on how you interpret it, how you read it, from which angle you see it. Different people has different view and conclusion on the same story or incident that u read or see. So which side do we normally see?

Yesterday, when I read about the news on the Malay woman whom has been suffering from end-stage kidney failure for many years, and has successfully given birth to twins daughter (at home), I felt glad for her. I was glad that it has went smoothly, the babies were healthy though born 3 months earlier, her kidney problem did not affect her pregnancy or deteriorate drastically becos of this. As she has been on dialysis, she thought it was a tumor growth in her womb until she went for scanning. I was moved by the way her eldest son helped her to deliver the babies. Can you imagine your little son doing that for you? How blessed! Earlier on, he has saved up hundred over dollars wanting to buy a guitar but gave her mum the monies when she needs for medication. The husband, breadwinner of the family earn just $1.5k a month and they oredi have 4 kids age 11-15. How can 'we' survive on this?

I asked my other half if he has read this report and sound my thought. I wished I could get a guitar for the boy. I've seen in Medan, how those village kids play on their cheap guitar so well, without learning music. If you have passion and interest, you can succeed and be happy about it. My other half, I think like most people would think that, since it has been reported, many people or organisation will help them. Furthermore, why in the first place they want so many kids... Ok, this will be an argumentative topic. The bottomline is, immediately I felt the different view and response of 2 person after reading from the same article. I do have thought about that but that's not the point that came to my mind straight and it's not important, not consider a point to even mention. I just thought she and the babies are so lucky to survive it, went thru the risk and make things happen. It's god's will.

On the argumentative topic again, we can't compare the least. If we have the same mentality, the government wouldn't need to 'import' foreigners. So, blame who? The people on the little island wanna be competitive, wanna be as good as the smartest out ter yet not doing our best.... We wanna enjoy the priviledged lifestyle but do not wanna produce babies. If the nation is old with no young bloods, the country will collapse. Just like a withered cucumber, who would wanna buy? Imagine our farm are left with old withered ones and not growing new ones for the market, do we have income from sale? wat is going to happen? Our ah-gong learnt the ageing problem from Japan and Korean, and action has taken. What is going to happen to Japan and Korea in the near future? They are now learning from us instead.... but bcos of cultural difference, it takes time....

I like what ah Gong said yesterday on explaining why we have to bring in people: "One-third of our population is foreigners. Now despite recession, everywhere is full house. If we chase them out, the restaurant and everything will be emptier by that one-third and eventually will close down. And we tell the people: If you don't want them, you don't tolerate them, what will happen to your job? The companies won't come in, they will be short of people." So if that's really the case, do we wanna work as driver, cleaner, and the labour intensive job at construction site, at wharf? So, the more locals moved out, the more they have to get them replaced. One day, the Singapore Island may well left with just one-third locals..... this, I said, not ah-gong.

No comments: