Very ironically, the topic was being 'chat' about today. I have ever thought of migrating too but not now..... Mum has lived in Canada for 7 years. When I was 19, she wanted me to study ter and subsequently work and probably get an ID. We went to see schools. I almost enrolled into "British Columbia" in Vancouver. I knew grandma couldn't bear to let me go. She was afraid that i'll made that decision. Ya, I didn't, partly becos of her. She's getting old, I dun wanna leave her alone. Staying ter for a month, we made it back. Several years later, mum came back for good too. It's her home here. Spending almost a month in Perth when I went ter for course, I tried different kind of living. Staying at my frend's rented terrace was memorable but they too came back for good after 3 years. I dunno what will happen in the future. As of now, I'm still very appreciative here. I love my country. Sometimes we canot blame for what is not in your favour, it's the environment, the condition that leads to changes that have to be made. If we remain just being ourselves, can we continue to progress? There is no perfect place, but perfect eye. It's how individual see things, same or different.
I met Winnie on Sunday. Winnie was once my customer. She was a Malaysian, holding PR in Australia and has been living there for twenty over years. 2 years ago, she called me for quotes for moving her son's belongings fm S'pore back to Australia. Her son, a dentist wanting to be independent, try carving a career in the much talk about stressful S'pore to challenge the working environment here. He came and work for half a year, in the end suffered from depression. The life is stressful, his patients here loves to complain. He couldn't handle the stress and became depressed. So much so that when i went up to his posh apartment, he hid himself underneath the blanket, no life! He was not talking, not communicating.
Winnie came to take care of him, co-ordinate with me on the necessary docs and arrangement. She was very upset and whenever we chat, she couldnt control her tears. Though we talked over the phone only twice, she said I laugh alot and was friendly and warm, she found strength in me. When we finally met up for the viewing, she said I was the first person who gave her very comforting feeling here. Besides me, she also met very nice ah po who gave her free carton boxes for her packing. It was her first time here she's alone and afraid, but she did met a few kind souls from Tanjong Pagar market. Just that, her heart ache when she talked about the son.
Everything went smoothly and her son has recovered since his returning, and resumed to work as dentist in Perth. Winnie's call on Fri caught me a surprise, saying she is in town and wanted to meet me. Just like before, she gave me a sincere hug and a christmas cake she made specially for me and a packet of pickled prunes she made from the tree she grown in Australia. She said she has marked down my name and contact in her pocket book and she will remember this kind lady who has helped her a lot. She will call me whenever there is a chance to step on the island though she very much doesn't want to go near 'The Icon' building which only give her bad memories. I was so touched. To me, back then I just wanna do my best for someone, especially someone who is helpless. Today, this someone told my husband "u r very fortunate to have her". An she said she pray for me, for good health and with babies. (hahaha.... shy ) Thank God, how on earth do i acquainted with this kind lady who appreciates a stranger.
Though we were trained and worked under pressure here since young, but look, we can survive anywhere we go, don't we? If we want a simpler life, just adjust ourselves...... just lower down our expectation, our lifestyle. We always have a choice.... We make our own decision....
No comments:
Post a Comment