For a moment we thought we have to cancel our holiday trip. With The Husband 'recuperating' from food poisoning, we really dunno if he will get better so superfast by tomorrow. We're somehow 'used to it' liao, this is the 3rd time the same thing happened. First time was at Genting Highland, after the meal at one of the famous stall in Chee Cheong Kai. Second time was in India, after he had steak in our hotel. This time, after his lunch at Soup restaurant.
The whole afternoon he was complaining about the bloatness. He couldn't even eat rice during dinner, just taking veg, a little portion of fish and some soup. Before we went to bed, he had diarrhoea thrice. His tummy was unwell and a little nauseating. I thought it could be indigestion and applied ruyi oil and did the digestive massage. Just a while after i'm done, he started vomiting. Indeed, indigestion, the food fm lunch.... oh gosh, a pool of irks. This merlion puked so much there were blood stain. Tried to take a rest, and wait to see if he felt better after vomiting. To replenish the fluid, he could only try drinking lots of H2O. No, body started to feel cold when trying to get into sleep. And another round of throwing up and diarrhea about half an hour later. Too much, we had to go A&E before he is dehydrated.
I tried to drive very calmly, took me 15mins to reach SGH. This part, The Husband very gungho which he 'proudly' shared with me when he was more alert later. See, I had to alight him and parked the car. So he walked pass the nurse then barged in straight to the consultation room mummbling "I'm gonna faint, I'm gonna faint". So, without queing, without registering, the doctor attended to him with priority after alittle shock. Isn't he Number One?
He was on drip, has to be on drip until the tummy and fever clears. Also to wait for the blood report which will be out in about 2-3hrs time. We hope it's not any infection. As he was too weak to walk, he could only use a bedpan when tummy runs. The first time, I was told to wait outside the room. A while later, the nurse came "your husband ask for you. He is shy to let us do it". Ya lor, I became the nurse assistant doing the dirty job lo..... they gave me wet tissue, napkins and gloves, except their uniform ;p The whole nite, I felt like I'm nurse for that few hours. Becos of the noise from corridor and the discomfort, The Husband was on and off dozing off only. 3 clothings, 4 layers of blanket and a heatpack still feeling cold. The uncle beside us lagi good, cover himself and bent like sotong. When the handsome doctor came he asked where was the patient. I told him he was too cold hiding underneath, he smile. wah, he very charming leh.... can't stop peeping at him.... oops!
It was until about 4.30am. I had to take a rest in the car after prolong standing and the coldness. Funny leh, the nurse canot offer me a chair de.... Alone in the car, looking out was the block that I used to stay for a very short period many years ago. Back then, when I looked out from my rented bedroom, I could see SGH fm a certain angle. I dun like dat feeling. I've never like hospital. A lot of memories of our very tough experience in the early days flashed back. The Husband did urged me to go home and come back in the morning. But how to? I dun like the feeling of going home alone without him. It reminded me of those tough days. Suddenly when I was about to doze off, it rained. My neck ached from the awkward position after a while. How to sleep wor.... but still I need to catch some sleep, I'm really tired le.
After about an hour, I went back to see The Husband, worry that he may need me if tummy runs again. By then, report was also out and shown normal. Doctor said it's likely food poisoning. Very weird lor this young lady doctor, seems like we know more than her (becos of our experience).... haiz... some of the medication like charcoal pills were requested by us de. Anyway, luckily the fever subside in the morning.
So, depending on how fast he recover then we'll decide if we're gonna fly or cancel the trip.... But for now, becos I've only nap for 3 hours in the afternoon... must catch back some beauty sleep.... I dun wanna be the next one down!
2 comments:
Get Well Soon!!!
No worries babe.. trust yr hby will hv a speedy recovery with yr care .. u too take care yea..:)
Post a Comment