A frend ever commented that i'm patriotic. Well well, I'm honoured to be so. My home is here. Wherever i go, i travel, i drive, i would still wanna come back to this small island. I feel safest once I reach our ground. I feel easy once I touch down our Changi airport. Oh ya, I'm really proud of it. We have the most beautiful and efficient airport. A day trip back fm my hometown, my heart would only let go of the weight once we drove pass our checkpoint. There has been so many robberies that happened just right in front of our doorstep back in hometown. Phobia of late nites so much so that mum set curfew that she's not going out after 7pm.
The living condition in other countries, the people, the culture, the environment, the governing system, the security issues, the racism, etc etc.... Ya, there are always 2 sides but I only see the good and put aside the bad. In fact alot of people out there may not know where Singapore is but knows or at least heard of our ah Gong. About 14 years back when I was in Calgary, a canadian man i spoke to doesn't know where is Singapore. When I was in US, the Michael Faye story has became a joke, a reference. When I was in Curtin Perth for my course, it was obvious some locals treat you like out-classed people. The Cambodians and Thais have only good things to say about S'pore (though not all it's people). Ok, though some of us are really behaving irritating and snobbish when we are out of our country. But generally.... we're 'fine' and kind people u noe. We were being so protected since young and is not as quick-witted as those street-smart people out there but we're innocent and un-scheming.
I really appreciate what I have here and the condition it provides me. Though we live in the pay and pay system, there are many people out there who are envious of us. We just have to make sure we have a decent job and earn enough lor, especially when we belong to the class of people who enjoy no subsidies.... Most importantly, we canot fall sick orh... That is why i have learnt to slow down my pace, live easier and be happier and just pray Mr Illness doesn't come, so soon. The natives love this quote "can die, but canot sick"! True!
Yes we love to complain, to make ourself heard. But end of the day, we're still here. Unless we migrate lor. If we want better lives, If we want better systems, If we want a better this and that, can we create a better team than them? We have a hassle-free entrance to most of the countries in the world (mind you, some countries are checking your bank account and health check before issue an entry permit). Singapore has become a brand name over the years. I have nothing more to ask for,,,, I just wanna live in peacefulness. Just wanna live my life in no frights, no fear..... on this beautiful island. Say what u wanna say, Yes, I love other countries too but, Yes Yes, I'm proud to be a Singaporean.
No comments:
Post a Comment